While pharmacists cannot prescribe medications, they can provide expert advice about your prescriptions and about over-the-counter medications.
Your pharmacist can help you understand the medications you take and how they might interact with each other. Your pharmacist can also explain possible side effects of medication. This information will help you make decisions about over-the-counter medications.
Many pharmacies are open late or even 24 hours as well as on weekends.
See your pharmacist if you need:
- advice on using your prescription medication;
- an existing prescription filled;
- advice on over-the-counter remedies for minor cuts, aches and pains, colds, or skin rashes;
- to get rid of old or expired medication;
- advice on smoking cessation aids; or
- access to emergency contraception (morning-after-pill).